Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: The Year in Gaming

Being that this is the last day of the year, I thought it would be enlightening to look back at the year of gaming that was 2009. I have tried to keep track through the year (on a mini-calendar on my office desk, no less) of what we, the Conscripts, got up to week-to-week.

Statistically, the most popular scale was definitely 28mm with 17 games played. The type of game most often played was - no surprise - Spacekrieg! (we played that 4 times) - followed closely by Star Wars miniatures and WWII, each played thrice. 6mm was a well-represented scale this year with 4 games. It was the most played scale after 28mm. We played 3 games in 15mm scale too.

Aircraft gaming was popular, we played 2 games of Aeronautica Imperialis and one of Airwar C21: Korea. We also played Check Your Six! twice and last night, Dave V. put on some very cool Wings of War games.

We also played in 40mm scale with a great "Three Musketeers" game staged by Curt, and a 40mm modern skirmish game. We gamed with Gladiators, killer cars in a Dark Future, Warhammer 40K and Fantasy, and Formula De. Even snuck in a couple of zombie games, and three painting nights for good measure!

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in these stats. Also, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for coming to my house to play with toy soldiers, and for inviting me to your house to do the same. I really don't think that there is a better bunch of gamers or friends around, and I feel fortunate to know and game with all of you, and count you as my friends.

Cheers, and best wishes for the New Year.


Dallas

ps see you for 40K on New Years Day!! d.

1 comment:

MFraser said...

Thank you for hosting, Dallas! We should also thank Pam for surrendering her house and retreating upstairs while we go about the business of simulating violence.